2008 American Standard neck on a warmoth thinline body.

firegarden

Hi guys,

Just received my Greenburst Thinline body. Saw a great 2008 AM Standard tele neck online but a bit concerned if it would fit.
The bit that I am worried about is the bit of extra fretboard that sticks out at the end of the neck.

ea3d_1.JPG

eab4_1.JPG

Would that fit over the pickguard and clear the neck puckup??? Thanks guys!!!  :icon_thumright:

BTW a warmoth neck would probably be a better purchase depending on the price of that neck. I'm not liking the maple Fender currently seems to be using on its necks, seems very white  and lacking in figure.

Why not stretch to some gorgeous birdseye?

That neck is $279 on eBay; but has Fender decal & Am. Tele serial number, think that is the cachet for him, you can get a prettier Warmoth neck for less...

Definitely go Warmoth for that price! That's a basic $157 neck, for 279 you can get AAA birdseye and stainless frets.

SERIOUSLY check out the Warmoth necks. I think you would be insane to pay that for a fender neck given what you can get on here: stuff to better custom shop jobs. Fender Water slide decals are 10 a penny on the net as well and piss easy to apply.

No reason to spend that on a Fender neck.

Back