1 5/8" Standard Thin similar too?

threadedtime

I was thinking about getting a neck 1 5/8" in Standard Thin Profile...what is it similar too? I have a Wolfgang Profile and the bass side is a little beefier than I expected as was the SRV profile...I would like something not asymetrical but still fills the hand somewhat. Is it like the Music Man Silhouette, Luke, Valentine or more fuller like a G&L Classic C Profile? My brother has the 1 11/16" and seems to shallow but the nut width is different so I wasn't sure.

The closest is probably a Fender "C" contour neck found on '60s RIs, but the Warmoth profile is a bit thinner than the Fender. You may want to look at the 59 Round, which may be closest to a  symmetrical SRV.

I think there are actually lots of guitars with thin necks (0.75-0.80) and 1-5/8” nut.  Just look for anything with a Floyd Rose and R2 locking nut. At your local music store you’ll probably find Kramer “The 84,” Kramer Nightswan, various Schecters(e.g. Sun Valley Super Shredder and C-1 FR), EVH Wolfgang, and probably Ibanezes.

TheOtherEric said:
I think there are actually lots of guitars with thin necks (0.75-0.80) and 1-5/8” nut.  Just look for anything with a Floyd Rose and R2 locking nut. At your local music store you’ll probably find Kramer “The 84,” Kramer Nightswan, various Schecters(e.g. Sun Valley Super Shredder and C-1 FR), EVH Wolfgang, and probably Ibanezes.

You have to be careful and not confused Warmoth's "Standard Thin" with the thinner, a more Ibanez-like, Warmoth "Wizard" profile.

In my considerable experience with warmoth necks and profiles, the thinness of the standard thin is a bit exaggerated. 
They are pretty close to the fender modern C but they have a different feel.
I have 2 standard thins with 1 5/8s nuts and they are amazing.

Back