"Off Menu": Black Korina Flying V with Zitricote Ken Lawrence Neck

the great thing about The Ethos of Black Metal is that i never heard the same definition from two BMers (black metallers). unfortunately it is one of those metal genres where each band must be scrutinized to ensure they aren't neo nazis, so i find it important to ask what trve kvlt means to them when i party

edit: just wanna add that like 98% of BMers i partied with were not nazis. hope I didn't imply the genre is filled with them, only that there are just enough to be a concern
Most of them do crazy things on their songs just for the visual impact of it.

Update time. I've been making some progress and I am extremely happy with the result. As you might be able to see, the guitar looks like it's very raw because of the wild grain. But the tru oil has actually been applied very evenly, i.e. it's like looking at the wild grain through super clean glass without giving it the over-the-top lacquer vibe.

I applied 21 coats of Tru Oil. After coat 5, I sanded down with 400 and 600 grit (which I slightly regret because the guitar got a tiny bit less dark in the process). After coat 18, I applied 0000 steel wool which didn't make any difference whatsoever (but I still felt like trying). Once again, I was able to confirm that the number one rule with tru-oil is to apply coats as thinly as possible. In my opinion, if you are diligent with thin coats, you absolutely don't need any sanding in between. But yeah, we all know, there are as many methods to apply tru oil as there are tru oil users :)

Here's the result of the body. Will post the neck tomorrow (forgot to take a picture this morning):

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 16.36.05.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 16.36.12.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-06 at 16.35.17.jpeg

Update time. I've been making some progress and I am extremely happy with the result. As you might be able to see, the guitar looks like it's very raw because of the wild grain. But the tru oil has actually been applied very evenly, i.e. it's like looking at the wild grain through super clean glass without giving it the over-the-top lacquer vibe.

I applied 21 coats of Tru Oil. After coat 5, I sanded down with 400 and 600 grit (which I slightly regret because the guitar got a tiny bit less dark in the process). After coat 18, I applied 0000 steel wool which didn't make any difference whatsoever (but I still felt like trying). Once again, I was able to confirm that the number one rule with tru-oil is to apply coats as thinly as possible. In my opinion, if you are diligent with thin coats, you absolutely don't need any sanding in between. But yeah, we all know, there are as many methods to apply tru oil as there are tru oil users :)

Here's the result of the body. Will post the neck tomorrow (forgot to take a picture this morning):

View attachment 61922 View attachment 61923

View attachment 61924
I have a (maybe bad) idea, what if you mixed in a tad of black keda dye in some tru oil and see if that darkens things more in a test spot. But looks great now.

Most of them do crazy things on their songs just for the visual impact of it.
oh yes, please do provide some examples, chatgpt

View attachment 61922 View attachment 61923

View attachment 61924

yeah i'd shred that til it melted or i melted

You said it yourself 98% BMers you partied with are not nazis. I don't think I need to give any further example.
nah nah, we've moved past that, i'm just curious what is an example of a "crazy thing" on a song done just for the "visual" impact of it. like, what that even mean

Acts that your grandmother would think as "satanic". That's a more general description I could give, how's that?

You think they are a chatgpt bot??
we has an old saying where I comes from: "if it walks like duck and talks like Wikipedia, its probably a language learning model scraping the internet for data to be assimilated and sold to AI developers ultimately leading to the Dead Internet Theory end-game"

Acts that your grandmother would think as "satanic". That's a more general description I could give, how's that?
nah, come on, fam, surely u can provide ONE example. plz

In other news, here's the neck after finishing:

View attachment 61960View attachment 61959
yeah dude this is so sick its gonna give me a priapism. W did those inlays, tho, i don't see that shape online??? maximum vibes

W did those inlays, tho, i don't see that shape online??? maximum vibes

Those are from the meadowhawk special run. I think they are off menu and @aarontunes mentioned it was likely available for 25.5" and 1-11/16" nut only.

Yep, those are "Eclipsed Block" inlays from the Meadowhawks. AFAIK this is the only non-Meadowhawk to ever get them.

And dang.

Is there any neck out there that is more off-menu? Answer: no. There are none more off menu, and it looks killer.

yeah dude this is so sick its gonna give me a priapism. W did those inlays, tho, i don't see that shape online??? maximum vibes
Yeah man. Took me ages to research and asking Aaron to figure out what is theoretically possible with the big W. I went all in and have not regretted anything.
Those are from the meadowhawk special run. I think they are off menu and @aarontunes mentioned it was likely available for 25.5" and 1-11/16" nut only
Not that I'm aware of. My neck is Gibson scale so first point definitely not right.
Yep, those are "Eclipsed Block" inlays from the Meadowhawks. AFAIK this is the only non-Meadowhawk to ever get them.

And dang.

Is there any neck out there that is more off-menu? Answer: no. There are none more off menu, and it looks killer.
Can't wait to finish this build. It's been truly fun every step along the way. Will update the thread soon

If only there was someone else out there who has a one-of-a-kind build with those inlays featured very prominently in multiple silly music videos

Last edited:
Update time. As I mentioned before, Warmoth was kind enough to send me a second body because of a glitch on one of the wings on the first. And the new body arrived :love: :love: :love: I will now finish it and then decide which one I will use for myself and which one I will use for the guitar I am going to donate.

What I love is the grain to the right of humbucker pickup slot.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 16.35.27.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 16.35.32.jpeg

And honestly.... isn't this the most beautiful neck pocket Warmoth has ever produced (such a shame no one will be able to appreciate it when the whole thing is done):
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 16.35.32 (1).jpeg

Back